Monday, August 6, 2007

Last Week

Okay, so I don't have any fun picutures to share this time. But here's a quick update on last week.
I was dealing with being sleep deprived early in the week, because Keenan was waking up with growing pains his legs, and a head cold. Poor kid. We did a lot of leg massages.
Then on Thursday night while Christopher and I were watching a movie, I stood up to go pee, and stepped on a baby scorpian. It hurt so dang bad. It was the exact same color as our carpet! I was looking at the carpet trying to figure out what the heck I stepped on, and I couldn't see anything. I was about to put my hand down and run it through the carpet to see if there was a needle or something when I spotted it! Christopher killed it right away! It's funny because niether of us knew what to do. We endded up heading to the hospital, but called poison control on the way at the suggestion of Christophers mom. Luckily, we learned before we got to the hospital that scorpians are 100% harmless, and 200% painful! She told us to turn around and go home and prepare for things to start hurting really bad for the next 6 hours...they didn't. I don't think I got a full sting because I stepped right on top of it. My foot endded up going numb for the night, and felt like it was asleep the next day, but that was it! Needless to say, I called the bug guy out for the next day.

On Friday, we went to see the new 'Bourne' movie. Way good!

Saturday, I woke up with a sore throat, and I was sick for the rest of the weekend.

Other than the movie, it was a pretty depressing week, and now you get to read about it! FUN, FUN, FUN!

6 comments:

Cami said...

Any Sue, what a week! Other than all of the things happening, how are you feeling pregnancywise? Are you done with all of the sick stuff? We hope things are better this week. Love ya!

Suni said...

Hey you forgot to mention our fun day together....j/k!!! Oh how scary about the scorpion yikes!! You should have called me...I think you were suppose to have Chris pee on your foot...I think that is suppose to help...I don't know. Sorry you weren't feeling good, you should have called... I would have brought you food!

Amy Sue said...

My friend Suni is right. She and I went to see Hairspray...it was definately a bright spot in my crappy week. Thanks for keeping me positive missy!

P.S. Poison Control didn't mention anything about peeing on my foot...I think that is for jelly fish. Next time I'll try it though!

Cami said...

Hey I like the new look. Isn't fun to play around with all of the different things that you can do?

Sheba Price said...

Amy! I am blog hopping! I saw yours and had to comment on the scorpion! Okay I hate bugs. I can't believe you stepped on one! Did it hurt? I think the little ones are really really bad for the kiddos. We can take it but the kids can't. Check up on that before I completly freak you out on that one. I am so sorry you had a crappy week. I hate those weeks but from the rest of your blog you seen to have a great vacation in Cali! Everyone and their dog went to Cali! I am jelous. I didn't go. WEll I hope you didn't mind that I came over to the blog! Have a great day!

Jared and Lydia said...

My gosh...Ender thought maybe it was the scorpion transformer from the movie? He has the toy and it really hurts to step on it too. GeeWiz! Thanks Ender. Oh my gosh, we want to see the Bourne movie too but it isn't out here yet! We saw "Shooter" instead (great movie). Jared