Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CRYING IT OUT

OKAY SO MISS CALI IS A FABULOUS CHILD, BUT A HORRIBLE SLEEPER! I'M USUALLY A TOTAL WIMP WHEN IT COMES TO CRYING IT OUT, BUT YESTERDAY I HAD TO FOLLOW THROUGH. THE CHILD HAD BEEN UP TILL 2 AM THE NIGHT BEFORE, SOME HOW WOKE UP AT THE BUTT CRACK OF DAWN, AND I WAS DONE.
SHE CRIED FOR PROBABLY A GOOD 45 MIN TO AN HOUR. FINALLY SILENCE. I WENT IN TO CHECK ON HER AND THIS IS WHAT I FOUND.


SHE WAS TOTALLY ASLEEP SITTING LIKE THIS. IT WAS SO SAD. SHE ENDED UP TAKING A NAP FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS (MUCH BETTER THAN HER TYPICAL 30 MIN. POWER NAPS). VICTORY!!

3 comments:

Owen said...

Poor Cali! I have had this experience with a few kids. I go to peek in when they finally wear out to find them sitting up w/their collapsed head on the bed. Sometimes they can be so stubborn!! Good for you on following through! Hope Cobe doesn't rescue her during one of these sessions!

Suni said...

Yea....she did it!! I hope she keeps getting better at sleeping so you can get some rest too! I was so excited to see a bow in her hair...so cute!!

Cami said...

I've found several of my kids sleeping sitting up. Hopefully she becomes a better sleeper.